Excel macro to get data from last modified file in a folder


Question:
I was hoping you might be able to help me with a macro I have created for a project I am working on. I have only pieced together a macro  to look in a specific folder, then with the .xlsx files in that folder copy specific cells and paste them in to the specified cells in the 1st empty row of another workbook. But the issue I keep running into is I want the macro to start with the .xlsx file with either the newest date modified or the oldest date modified. As it is now by default, the macro is going alphabetically. I didn't enter anything into the code for it to do this but I'm not sure how to make it look at the date modified instead.

Do you think you might be able to help? I would appreciate it very much.

 
Answer:
 
Dim fso As Scripting.FileSystemObject
Dim fol As Scripting.Folder
Dim fdr As Scripting.Folder
Dim fil As Scripting.File
Dim flc As Scripting.Folders

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set fol = fso.GetFolder("YourPathName")
Set flc = fol.SubFolders

For Each fdr In flc
  For Each fil In fdr.Files
        Debug.Print fil.DateLastModified
  Next fil
Next fdr

Set fso = Nothing
Set fol = Nothing
Set flc = Nothing